The majority of area hospitals will gain from a value-based Medicare reimbursement program, according to newly released numbers.
Of the 15 affected hospitals in the midstate, only six will see reductions because of the program, which will begin issuing revised payments in January. The rest will receive reimbursement increases.
Statewide, the program will award increases to 51 percent of hospitals and exact penalties from the remaining 49 percent, resulting in no overall change.
This chart from data supplied by Kaiser Health News
also shows changes to hospitals' Medicare reimbursement based on number of readmissions, a similar program.